I hate it when you really need to talk to a friend about something important because you feel like your world is crashing down on you but they act like you don’t exist until their problems occur.
- White people: You have to wait for the facts before you talk about Ferguson!
- Eyewitnesses: He was on his knees with his hands up.
- Medical examiner: There was no gunpowder residue on Mike Brown, no sign of struggle, and there were entry wounds on the inside of his arms and the top of his head, implying he was on his knees with his hands up.
- Convenience store owner and clerk: There was no robbery and we didn't call the cops.
- Ferguson PD: Okay, we admit it, Wilson didn't know anything happened at the convenience store and we determined no crime was committed.
- White people: Nobody can say what happened! We still have to wait for the facts to come in!
Then a voice says to me, ‘This is going to take more than one night."
"Depression is such a cruel punishment. There are no fevers, no rashes, no blood tests to send people scurrying in concern. Just the slow erosion of the self, as insidious as any cancer. And, like cancer, it is essentially a solitary experience. A room in hell with only your name on the door."